RECIPE: {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

RECIPE:  {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

Quick and easy – that’s what this Chocolate Drizzle recipe is all about!  After all, I want to spend my time drizzling (and eating), not making the drizzle!  Ha ha!

And there are so many things to drizzle chocolate on or in!

Best of all, it tastes great too! :)

RECIPE:  {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

The ingredients – chocolate chips and shortening.  That’s it!

HA!  Gotta love that!

RECIPE:  {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

All you do is melt chocolate chips.

Add shortening while the chocolate is still warm.

Stir.

Done.

Told ya – super easy!

RECIPE:  {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

Time to drizzle!  The possibilities are endless.  Drizzle on cookies like the ones you see above.  Or even on these pretty cookies!

Chocolate drizzle can even be used for dipping!

Again, the possibilities are endless!

Happy Chocolate Drizzling! :)

Print Print Recipe Save Save Recipe

RECIPE: {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle

Ingredients:

1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips
1 teaspoon shortening

Directions:

Melt chocolate chips in 30 second increments until melted. (Be careful not to overheat!)

Add shortening while the chocolate is still warm.

Stir.

Drizzle!

17 Responses to “RECIPE: {Easy} Chocolate Drizzle”

1. Crystal @ Simply Being Mommy — April 8, 2012 @ 8:22 PM (#

So easy! Thanks for sharing.

2. Don Faust — April 9, 2012 @ 3:52 PM (#

That looks soooo good!

3. Pingback: Chocolate drizzling | Shakashakere

4. Beth — October 5, 2012 @ 4:38 PM (#

This saved me! Forgot to sprinkle mini chips on top of brownies before baking… so whipped up a little drizzle and then sprinkled the chips on top. Looks great too!

5. Perry — October 14, 2012 @ 9:55 AM (#

The ingredients list says 1 tbsp, but the picture shows a 1 tsp measure. I assumed the tsp was correct, because that was in the picture and a tbsp seems way too much. Thought I’d mention it so you could correct the ingredients list.

• Laura Rucker replied: — October 14th, 2012 @ 10:08 AM

Ack! You’re right! I corrected the recipe to TEASPOON!

THANK YOU, PERRY!!!

6. Charlotte — December 19, 2012 @ 12:45 PM (#

Thank you this was easy to put over my peppermint bark many many thanks.

7. Bonnie — December 24, 2012 @ 5:00 PM (#

Thanks so much! I knew I had read about using shortening and chocolate chips, but did not remember the correct proportions. ( And all the other tips offered were way too complicated).

8. Deb — May 8, 2013 @ 1:06 PM (#

did not work for me. Got an almost solid lump of chocolate after I added the butter.

• Rhonda replied: — May 16th, 2013 @ 8:44 AM

Hi Deb, butter doesn’t work because it was too much water content which causes chocolate to seize.

9. Rhonda — May 16, 2013 @ 8:43 AM (#

Thanks Laura, like an above commenter I had forgotten the portions. Going to try it with coconut oil and see how that works.

10. cars — May 20, 2013 @ 8:52 AM (#

Shopping for cars is generally a stressful experience. It does not have to be, though.

With a little knowledge and determination, your car shopping
    experience can be devoid of stress. Use the tips that follow to make your car shopping experience one that you enjoy, with
    a shiny new car to show for it.

11. Pingback: Peanut Butter Pie - Meaningfulmama.com

12. specialty chocolates — April 14, 2014 @ 3:31 AM (#

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog.

It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
    Fantastic work!

13. emma — November 10, 2014 @ 2:29 PM (#

I’m sure this is a silly question, but does the chocolate solidify again after its cooled? thank you!

14. Anonymous — December 5, 2014 @ 6:37 PM (#

Is it 1cup (8 oz) or 6 oz of chocolate chips? I’m guessing they’re semi-sweet, not milk chocolate chips?

15. Anonymous — December 11, 2014 @ 9:45 AM (#