RECIPE: Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes

RECIPE:  Bird's Nest Easter Cupcakes

I promised a co-worker I’d bring her some of my Super Fudge Brownies to work today for her birthday, which was on Sunday. Instead, I decided to try something new – and seasonal! – and make these Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes.

Aren’t they cute?!?  I just LOVE how they turned out!

Let’s make some, shall we? :)

Easter Bird Nest Cupcakes ingredients

Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes ingredients:  Cake Mix (any will do), frosting (you can see I don’t stick with just one brand), Chow Mein  Noodles, Candy Coated Chocolate eggs (Jelly Beans work too), Cupcake Papers, Chocolate Chips and Green Food Dye.

cover chow mein noodles in melted Chocolate

Having already baked and cooled your cupcakes, place a generous amount of chow mein noodles into your melted Chocolate.  You want just as much, if not more, chow mein noodles than Chocolate.  The goal is to see the noodles in the nest, not have big blobs of Chocolate for nests. NOT that that’s a bad thing, but we’ll do that for a future recipe, OK? :)

chocolate covered chow mein

Remove the noodles from the melted Chocolate with a fork so the excess Chocolate can drain, if needed.

place on wax paper

Place on wax paper, moving the center pieces to the sides to make the nest.

Chocolate covered chow mein noodles

Like these!

chilled Chocolate covered chow mein noodles

Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or until set.  If using Milk Chocolate, these will always melt at the touch of your hand.

add green food dye to frosting

Time for the vegetation!  Add green food dye, as desired, for the grass or leaves.

green frosting

Like this!

frosting covered Chocolate cupcakes

Frost the cupcakes.

add chocolate bird nests

Add your bird nests…

RECIPE:  Bird's Nest Easter Cupcakes

and eggs!  There you have it – Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes!

You should give these a try!  Fun and very pretty!

What is YOUR favorite Easter treat to make?

33 Responses to “RECIPE: Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes”

1. Victoria (District Chocoholic) — April 11, 2011 @ 5:55 AM (#

Neat concept – I like the way these look. Now you need to make a chocolate tree and attach these to the branches!

2. Brandy — April 11, 2011 @ 6:14 AM (#

Yummy yummy in my tummy!! Thanks for this!

3. Katie — April 11, 2011 @ 7:03 AM (#

how cute are those?! What a fun Easter treat, too!

4. Crystal Reagan — April 11, 2011 @ 8:09 AM (#

Those are too cute!

5. RJ — April 11, 2011 @ 10:10 AM (#

Yummy! I’m gonna have to make some of these! ;)

6. Lisa — April 11, 2011 @ 1:26 PM (#

cute and yummy looking.

7. Virginia from That Bald Chick — April 11, 2011 @ 3:02 PM (#

Too cute, and it looks like someone is enjoying her new camera. LOL.

8. 1stopmom — April 11, 2011 @ 8:56 PM (#

This looks great and I love how you took the picture :)

9. Shop with Me Mama (Kim) — April 11, 2011 @ 10:38 PM (#

Oh those are adorable and look sound delicious!!

10. nicole — April 12, 2011 @ 12:40 PM (#

love. <3

xo
    nicole

11. Elise @ Dark Chocolate Health Benefits — April 14, 2011 @ 7:30 PM (#

Wow, great pictures in this blog post! It’s making me hungry… I just love the little bird’s with the colourful eggs, they look amazing and so fun and creative. :)

12. Courtney — April 17, 2011 @ 6:56 PM (#

Absolutely adorable :) We make frosting noodle nests with our students. Nice edible treat! :)

13. Caleigh — April 23, 2011 @ 1:04 AM (#

Very very cute idea. I would definitely use chocolate covered pretzels for the nests instead of the noodles.

14. Shasta Walton — May 5, 2011 @ 8:06 AM (#

These are freaking adorable! I am so making these next year!

15. Kimberly — June 27, 2011 @ 6:55 AM (#

What a cute idea! I’ll have to try it sometime.

16. Kim — February 24, 2012 @ 9:06 AM (#

I never thought to put the bird’s nest on a cupcake…great idea! I made them with my girls and they loved them so much we are making them for their classmates. I bought some Easter candy bags from Box and Wrap so we can individually wrap each cupcake. These bags have bunnies on them..they are much cuter than just plain cello bags. Thanks so much for the recipe!

17. Pingback: Bird Nest Cupcakes

18. Eliana — March 27, 2012 @ 12:16 PM (#

Thank you soo much! I’ve been looking for a recipie like this! ;) you just made my day!

19. Emily — April 8, 2012 @ 3:33 PM (#

i made these today and they turned out PERFECTLY. your instructions are wonderful!!

20. Pingback: Nat's Corner » Blog Archive » Cute Easter Cupcakes :)

21. Pingback: Bird’s Nest Easter Cupcakes by Got Chocolate

22. Pingback: Amazing Easter Cupcakes - Repin-Me.com

23. Pingback: Easter Cakes: Find Your Inpsiration

24. Pingback: Fun Easter food ideas for kids - Right Start Blog

25. Pingback: Ideas para Pascua | Mila punto com

26. Pingback: Easter ideas from your kitchen | FoodOpera

27. Pingback: Five Fabulous Blogs that I LOVE to read

28. Pingback: Cute & Delicious Easter Inspired Cupcakes Recipes | Un - Complicate

29. Pingback: Cute & Delicious Easter Cupcake Recipes - Un - Complicate

30. Pingback: 60 Awesome Easter Recipes | missbutterbean

31. Pingback: 15 Easter Cupcake Recipes

32. Pingback: 10 Kids Easter Cupcake Ideas : The Organised Housewife : Ideas for organising and Cleaning your home

33. Anonymous — April 16, 2014 @ 12:46 PM (#

Hi I was just wondering did u cook the noodles a little bit or just used them raw