How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

Happy Monday Chocoholics! :)

Are you ready to cover another Monday in Chocolate? Well, I am!

Today I’ll show you How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.

Here we go…

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ingredients

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ingredients: Peanut Butter, Chocolate (any form), peanut butter cup mold (Michael’s crafts sells them), basting brush.

Brush melted Chocolate into the peanut butter cup molds

Brush a thin layer of melted Chocolate into the peanut butter cup molds.  Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until set.

Fill with peanut butter

Dab peanut butter into the Chocolate cup, leaving room for a Chocolate layer on top.

Cover with remaining melted Chocolate

Using a spoon, pour a layer of Chocolate on top to seal in the peanut butter.

Chilled Chocolate peanut butter cups

Freeze for 10 minutes or until set.

Remove chocolate peanut butter cups from the molds

Turn upside down on a clean surface. I love this part! :)

Chocolate peanut butter cups

Aren’t they pretty?  So shiny too!

How to make Chocolate peanut butter cups

And there you have Chocolate (extra chunky) Peanut Butter Cups!

DE-LIC-IOUS!!!

Fun and easy to make too! :)

Have you made Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups before?  If so, how’d they turn out?

17 Responses to “How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups”

1. Lisa @ Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy — April 25, 2011 @ 7:11 AM (#

Can I just leave my mailing address here for samples? :)

2. Crystal — April 25, 2011 @ 7:54 AM (#

I’ve been experimenting but I haven’t found a good chocolate to peanut butter ratio for my liking. I prefer more chocolate over peanut butter.

3. RJ — April 25, 2011 @ 9:45 AM (#

Are you sending samples!???? :D

4. 1stopmom — April 25, 2011 @ 6:37 PM (#

This is a easy recipe Laura. We love to eat chocolate peanut butter cups so we need to try to make our own. I would have never thought to use chocolate chips!

5. Brandy — April 25, 2011 @ 7:15 PM (#

My kids will LOVE you for this. They LOVE PB, seriously. All three eat it right out of jar. The two year old had GLOVES of PB the other morning … yeah I fell asleep on the recliner on accident for a little while and woke up to that… bad mama!

6. Stacy @ CreatingSweetSmiles.blogspot.com — April 26, 2011 @ 5:36 AM (#

Wow, these look amazing and so simple, thanks for sharing

7. Amy @ GrinningCheektoCheek — April 27, 2011 @ 4:16 PM (#

I found putting Graham Crackers mixed into the Peanut butter makes it much more like the real thing, but my husband Loves them :)
    I’ll have to make more for him soon – the plastic mold thing is a great idea- My grandma just gave me one of those.

8. Karen — April 27, 2011 @ 9:56 PM (#

those look so good!

9. JulieD — April 27, 2011 @ 10:24 PM (#

These look great, Laura! You make things look so simple!

10. Colleen Easley — April 27, 2011 @ 10:31 PM (#

Hi Laura – where can I buy the molds? Are they reusable?

11. Serena — April 28, 2011 @ 3:56 PM (#

These look SO GOOD! I so want to make these, they look delish!

12. Tired Mom Tésa — April 28, 2011 @ 5:43 PM (#

Ran across this through StumbleUpon and so glad I did! My husband loves peanut butter cups and I never knew they were so easy to make (at least you make them look easy!). I’m excited to try this recipe as soon as I find a good mold. Yum!

13. Mary @ Delightful Bitefuls — April 29, 2011 @ 12:31 PM (#

Brilliant! LOVE THIS!

14. Virginia from That Bald Chick — May 6, 2011 @ 7:32 PM (#

Wonder how they would turn out with Soy Butter, since we can have peanuts in the house. Hmmm…..

15. Jennifer @ Mom Spotted — May 17, 2011 @ 8:27 PM (#

I love playing with melted chocolate and molds! I love popping them out too lol

16. jentorre — May 18, 2011 @ 10:00 PM (#

the REAL peanut butter cups have powdered sugar mixed into the peanut butter to make it more like a fondant instead of mushy peanut butter. if you use half a cup of PB use 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. and @Virginia from That Bald Chick can you have Sunbutter in your house? I have tried this with crunchy sunflower seed butter and they came out amazing!!! I bet almond butter would be great too.

17. Pingback: Make Your Own Candy: Chocolate, Taffy, Lollipops, and More! | Yummly