Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card?

Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card?

I was at the store this weekend looking for birthday cards for my husband and his twin brother when I came across this Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card!ย Obviously the Chocolate caught my eye. ย Ha ha! Good thing I carry my camera with me almost everywhere I go these days. You never know when you’ll run into something Chocolaty! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card?

As you can see, it has a little Peel ‘n Taste Chocolate Strip. Interesting concept! ย While I’d rather have a card and real Chocolate, this would be fun to try at least once. ๐Ÿ™‚

I have to admit I didn’t fork over the almost $5 needed to buy this card. ย I was curious to know how close it tasted to Chocolate though. But unless I’m actually sinking my teeth into a chunk of real Chocolate – not some artificially-flavored piece of paper – I couldn’t justify spending $5 on it.

Sorry!!!

Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card?

I see it doesn’t have any calories. ย Har har! The Blue #1, Red #40 and Yellow #5 sure sound appetizing!

NOT!

So, have you ever tried an”edible” greeting card before? ย Do you like the idea? ๐Ÿ™‚

15 Responses to “Edible Chocolate-Flavored Greeting Card?”

1. Paula @ Frosted Fingers — March 1, 2011 @ 7:30 AM (#

Sounds a little gross to me!!

2. Virginia from That Bald Chick — March 1, 2011 @ 7:34 AM (#

I haven’t tried any edible cards lately, but zero calorie chocolate sure sounds good to me right about now!

3. lisa — March 1, 2011 @ 9:00 AM (#

oh now i need a full review!!! i can’t even imagine what the artificially flavored paper tastes like. interesting concept lol

4. Theresa @ Faith and Family Reviews — March 1, 2011 @ 9:31 AM (#

Interesting idea, but really bad ingredients! My Cadbury bar does not contain any dyes or artificial flavors.

I have never tried an edible chocolate greeting card before, but if it was really chocolate then maybe I’d be tempted, but then again a Cadbury bar doesn’t cost $5 and I KNOW it tastes good! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Crystal Reagan — March 1, 2011 @ 10:04 AM (#

That sounds a little weird to me lol!

6. Alma — March 1, 2011 @ 11:42 AM (#

I just had a 3 Musketeers, I’m good until tomorrow… =)

7. Sharon — March 1, 2011 @ 3:13 PM (#

How cool, I would love a card like that, would be the best birthday present ever.

8. Kathleen B. — March 1, 2011 @ 3:27 PM (#

Honestly, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I would love to give or get one of those suckers!

9. Mandi — March 1, 2011 @ 5:02 PM (#

It sounds kind of lame, like does it really take THAT long to find the candy aisle and pick up a box of chocolates to go with the card? LOL Made by men, for men I guess!

10. Jen-Eighty MPH Mom — March 1, 2011 @ 5:11 PM (#

You are just too cute…you make me smile every time I come to your blog! I have not tried one, but I would not be upset if someone gave me one either ๐Ÿ™‚

11. JulieD — March 1, 2011 @ 6:40 PM (#

I have never seen that before…I agree sounds kinda gross.

12. Shop with Me Mama — March 1, 2011 @ 9:14 PM (#

I think this is an awesome idea! I would love to receive a card like that one. I always love finding out about new and neat things like this one! Now i will be on the lookout for these cards ๐Ÿ™‚

13. HilLesha — March 3, 2011 @ 1:23 AM (#

Anything for a company to make a quick buck, lol! ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Penelope — March 4, 2011 @ 12:08 PM (#

That’s actually a good price, considering how much greeting cards cost these days!

15. Mia — March 18, 2011 @ 10:15 AM (#

I have tried the donuts flavored card with strip and it did taste like donuts. I thought it was kool. I think that it is a neat idea but I did not know that the cards cost $5.00. That’s too much, but I think all cards cost too much. I would actually like to purchase as whole package of them and think that there is a market for them. Calorie free gratification who wouldn’t love that.