HEALTH: 5 Healthy Chocolate Snacks
I hear it all the time, “I can’t eat Chocolate, it makes me fat!”
Yes, it can. Actually, anything can if not eaten in moderation.
Moderation. Yeah right. Easier said than done!
Like you, I know all too well that resisting or eating in moderation is much harder than it sounds.
BUT, it can be done.
If you plan ahead and buy healthy Chocolate snacks before the Chocolate urge hits, you’ll feel physically and mentally better for having done so.
I’m not saying I don’t eat candy bars or donuts. Duh! I’d be lying if I did. Geez, I can hear my friends and family reading this now, “Yes, she’d be lying!”
ANYWAY, there’s nothing wrong with eating those things. Now and then.
I struggle EVERY day with eating healthy. EVERY. DAY.
But again, it can be done. We can eat our Chocolate and be healthy.
Besides, Chocolate is good for you.
Yes, you heard me right – Chocolate is good for you! Not only does it improve a person’s mood, it can also make a person more relaxed and enhance their feeling of well-being. And we’ve all heard the news how Chocolate has antioxidant properties which can help fight off many diseases. Yes!
So enough of my “eat healthy” preaching. Let’s get on with my suggestions to help you have your Chocolate and eat it too!
5 Healthy Chocolate Snacks
- Chocolate Covered Snacks - Chocolate covered strawberries, pretzels, nuts and raisins are good snack choices. These snacks provide fiber and carbohydrates for a quick energy boost. Dark Chocolate, of course, is the healthiest choice.
- Hot Chocolate - Have a steaming cup of low-fat or low-sugar hot Chocolate. It will take a while to sip and the Chocolate liquid will fill you up and satisfy your Chocolate craving. Yum!
- Chocolate Yogurt - Chocolate yogurt is an excellent snack because it has lots of calcium and many essential B vitamins. You can enjoy it frozen or from the container.
- Chocolate Granola - Granola snack mix drizzled with Chocolate is a healthy and portable snack with lots of fiber. You can make you own or buy a bag.
- Fudge Pops & Chocolate Pudding- Many Chocolate fudge pops are refreshing, low fat and rich-tasting. Make your own with little effort or whip up some calcium rich Chocolate pudding in a snap.
Do you have any suggestions for Healthy Chocolate Snacks? I’m always looking for healthy ways to get my Chocolate fix! Please share!