Chocolate Covered Monday – Marshmallows, Chocolate & Sprinkles

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows with Sprinkles

For those that follow me on Facebook and Twitter, you know I’m in the planning stages of a Halloween party for my 11-year-old daughter. So I thought I’d get myself in the Halloween mood (I know, it’s a tad early, oh well!) and experiment with some treats.

I made these very quick and easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows with Halloween Sprinkles.  To say these were quick and easy is an underestimate! We’re talking less than 10 minutes!

Melt Chocolate Chips

Melt Chocolate Chips on low heat in a saucepan.

Melted Chocolate Chips

Stir until melted.

Smooth melted Chocolate Chips

Like this!

Dip Marshmallow into the melted Chocolate

Dip the marshmallow in the Chocolate.

Press the chocolate end into the sprinkles

Then press it into the sprinkles.

Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows with Sprinkles

And voila!  All done!  I told you these were easy.  I found they didn’t need any refrigeration for the Chocolate to set up.

So what’s your favorite Halloween treat to make?  Cookies, cupcakes… ???

6 Responses to “Chocolate Covered Monday – Marshmallows, Chocolate & Sprinkles”

1. Betty — September 21, 2010 @ 11:15 AM (#

Wonderful idea! I’m going to use this for my kids Halloween party. I just have to share a interesting mood setting DVD that I watched the other night. It’s called Something Unknown (director Renée Scheltema). It’s a documentary that features celebrities and leading experts as they reveal insights into the world of the unseen and offer scientific evidence behind psychic phenomena. Perfect to watch while eating a Halloween marshmallow treat! http://www.somethingunknown.com/

• gotchocolate replied: — September 21st, 2010 @ 8:09 PM

Hmmm, interesting. I have to be practically duct taped to a chair or couch to watch TV any more. Thanks though.

2. Kim Beck — September 22, 2010 @ 5:56 PM (#

What a cute idea! And easy too.

I usually make Halloween spaghetti. I separate the cooked noodles into two bowls/ziplocs and add orange [red/yellow] food color to one and black to the other [create black with green/red/blue] and top with BLOOD [sauce] and toss brainballs on the side– Ha! [meatballs].

Yuck, gross, ick!!– but the kids think it’s fun. 🙂

• gotchocolate replied: — September 23rd, 2010 @ 8:29 PM

Wow, GREAT idea Kim!!! I’m throwing a Halloween slumber party for Allison and am looking for food ideas. This one is tempting!

I didn’t think these marshmallows were all that great, but Allison liked them, so I guess that’s all that matters. It might have been that the sprinkles I chose were an odd flavor. Might try a different kind. Anyway, just an FYI. But they really are SUPER quick and easy to make.

3. Carrie — April 17, 2011 @ 11:42 AM (#

OMG YUM!!! I want some now 🙂

I can see this being a hit regardless of the holiday involved

4. SweetyDesign — July 23, 2011 @ 4:33 PM (#

Oh, Laura, these marshmallows are so cute 🙂 will definitely make some for my husband. He loves sweet-stuff!