Starbucks’ Chocolate Truffle Espresso = Yum-O!

On the way to work the other day I decided to buy myself one of those fancy calorie-filled Starbucks’ coffees. I love, love, LOVE these sugary drinks.

Fortunately, I almost never carry cash, so buying these are a rare treat. Besides, they are soooo expensive and soooo fattening.  Heaven forbid if I ever win the lottery.  I’d be the size of a house from Starbuck’s coffee alone!

So anyway, I had $5 burning a hole in my wallet and was in need of some serious wake-up juice.  I had attended a work/customer dinner the night before, then had to get up just before 5AM that morning to drop my daughter off at my mother-in-laws, then go to work. So I was TIRED!

UGH!  Bring on the caffeine please!

I rolled up to the Starbucks’ drive-up menu and my eyes instantly fixated on the deliciously enticing words “Espresso Chocolate Truffle”.

Mmmmm… I’ve GOTTA try that one, I thought.  Yum-O!

And EXCELLENT it was.  Yum, yum, yum!!!

I wouldn’t say there was a strong truffle flavor and it most certainly didn’t taste like a Godiva Truffle (my favorite form of Chocolate so far).  The Starbucks’ Truffle flavor was smoother and creamier than a hot chocolate though.

I wonder if they sell that flavor year around?  Like I said, it’s a rare treat to go to Starbucks, so I don’t know if they are always coming out with new flavors.  I should have asked.

How about you? Do you have a favorite Starbucks flavor? Needless to say, I usually gravitate to the Chocolate flavored coffees, or lattes… whatever they call them. Anyway, I’d love to know if there’s another Chocolate flavored Starbucks coffee I’m missing out on.

Do tell!

13 Responses to “Starbucks’ Chocolate Truffle Espresso = Yum-O!”

1. Laura — December 31, 2009 @ 10:31 AM (#

I LOVE Starbucks!! I usually get a Mocha or the Chocolate Truffle. I love the truffle the best, I think.

• MsWonka replied: — December 31st, 2009 @ 6:49 PM

Hi Laura! Nice name, by the way. OK, so Starbucks does sell the Chocolate Truffle flavor on a regular basis. Good to know! I’ll take Chocolate in just about ANY form! 🙂

2. Rhea — January 1, 2010 @ 6:47 AM (#

YUMMO for sure!! I don’t go to Starbucks every day, but regularly. I don’t remember ever seeing this either. I think I need to go today and try it out. Wonder if they are open on New Years Day?

• MsWonka replied: — January 1st, 2010 @ 9:21 AM

Oh, I bet they ARE!!! They won’t miss a bet with filling up people with much needed caffeine after the New Years celebrations! Have a day day Rhea! 🙂

3. Erin — January 1, 2010 @ 4:53 PM (#

Oh wow – sounds awesome.

• MsWonka replied: — January 1st, 2010 @ 4:59 PM

It was pretty good. Not out of this world, but still yummy. Try one the next time your at Starbucks if you want. 🙂

4. Katie — January 1, 2010 @ 9:22 PM (#

My favorites are the (seasonal) Gingerbread lattes – or this year I paired them with chai and had gingerbread chais. Delish!

• MsWonka replied: — January 1st, 2010 @ 9:38 PM

Oh, I didn’t try the Gingerbread latter. Bummer. Next year I guess!

THANKS!!!

5. Kim — January 2, 2010 @ 11:13 AM (#

Like you, I rarely buy these pricey coffees but I do love them!
    Whenever we fly out of Anchorage I hit the Starbucks in the airport and get a White Chocolate doubleshot mocha —– heavenly.

• MsWonka replied: — January 2nd, 2010 @ 1:30 PM

Oooo, that sounds really good Kim! 🙂

6. Jason — January 18, 2010 @ 4:10 PM (#

By far my favorite there. In fact, after work I will be getting one. It’s raining and cold here in Irvine.

• MsWonka replied: — January 18th, 2010 @ 6:20 PM

Hi Jason! Now you’re making me want a Starbuck’s Chocolate Truffle Espresso!!! ACK!!! And it’s too late for me to drink one or I’ll be up all night.

Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

7. dark chocolate truffles — July 4, 2015 @ 6:06 AM (#

Hi there, its nice article regarding media print, we all understand media is a enormous source of information.|